Top 10 Questions


Our Best Answer

What is academic advising?

Academic Advising

You can obtain academic advising or academic counseling on campus, as well as online!

Academic Advisors: Provide support to our new, first-time college students to help you start out on the right path. They can help you navigate the New Student Checklist and confirm you have completed all the required steps, help you create an abbreviated (one semester) educational plan and provide individual advisement to those with less than 15.0 COC units, and/or have not attended a previous college/university, and do not have Advanced Placement (AP) credits. Advisors can also inform you of services and resources on campus that will help you succeed at College of the Canyons.

To learn more about our Academic Advisement services and current hours, click here

Counselors: Counselors provide educational, career and personal counseling to students. They develop comprehensive educational plans, evaluate transcripts, facilitate group counseling workshops, and schedule individual appointments with students. 

To learn more about our Counseling services  and current hours, click here.

My Academic Plan (MAP): To get started on your own, use our interactive online student education plan tool, My Academic Plan (MAP). To learn more, click here.


Was this information helpful?

Having trouble finding your answer?

powered by IntelliResponse

College of the Canyons
Valencia campus: 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Canyon Country campus: 17200 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country, CA 91351

Copyright 2013 by College of the Canyons. All rights reserved.