Top 10 Questions


Our Best Answer

What is academic advising?

Academic Advising

You can obtain academic advising or academic counseling in the Counseling office at both the Valencia and Canyon Country Campus, as well as online!

Academic Advisors: These advisors provide support to new college students. They facilitate new student advisement workshops, create abbreviated (one semester) ed. plans for students and provide individual advisement to those with less than 15.0 COC units, have not attended any previous college/university, and have no AP credits. To book an appointment with an academic advisor, click here.

Counselors: Counselors provide educational, career and personal counseling to students. They develop comprehensive ed. plans, evaluate transcripts, facilitate group counseling workshops, and schedule individual appointments with students. To book an appointment with a counselor, click here.

Additionally, the Counseling Department offers online counseling via video conference. To book an appointment with the online counselor, click here.

To get started on your own, create your online education plan before meeting with a counselor, click here.

For current Counseling Department hours and contact information, click here.

Was this information helpful?

Having trouble finding your answer?

powered by IntelliResponse

College of the Canyons
Valencia campus: 26455 Rockwell Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Canyon Country campus: 17200 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country, CA 91351

Copyright 2013 by College of the Canyons. All rights reserved.